Leading Distribution & Logistics company want a progressive Finance Manager
Excellent opportunity offering vast amounts of exposure and Full Study package
About Our Client
Our client is a increasingly successful international Logistics, Distribution and Supply Chain business, based in Thurrock. With a shift in the business, they are looking to bring in a hot prospect to help nurture an environment of stability for the long term. They have a lovely working environment at the moment and good people within the business, this is an opportunity to stamp your mark on an already great business and help to drive it forward.
As Finance Manager tasks will include:
- Manage the financial audit process
- Manage a team of 3-6 people
- Ensure the production of group reporting package under IFRS accounting rules.
- Ensure the production of the annual statutory accounts.
- Preparation of cash flow statement.
- Manage the budgeting process ensuring the accuracy and integrity of data that is used to formulate the budget.
- Develop, maintain and improve the Company's budgeting, forecasting and business planning systems.
- Analyse variances against budgets and explore potential problems with budget holders.
- Making appropriate recommendations and advising of the impact on the business.
- Oversee the operation of the general and purchase ledgers in accordance with agreed procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure the preparation of quarterly VAT returns in line with current tax legislation, submission of returns, communication with HMRC and timely payment of tax due.
- Manage the purchase of capital items to ensure company policy is adhered to.
- Maintenance and development of all finance database systems using MS Access and Excel, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all data.
- Development of cross-functional relationships and the provision of financial information to various project teams.
- Involvement in a diverse range of projects across organisational disciplines.
The Successful Applicant
As a Finance Manager the ideal candidate would have:
* Excellent written and interpersonal skills
* Experience in with advanced Excel, Word and Power Point skills
* Excellent numeracy skills combined with an enquiring and analytical mind
* Ability to discuss financial issues with both fellow professionals and those with little or no financial background
* Self-motivation and excellent time and project management skills
- A Background in Logistics
- Experience of managing at least one other person
What's on Offer
Competitive salary of and a package which includes:
Full Study Support
Performance related Bonus.