- Finance Assistant
- Permanent role £18,000 - £21,000
About Our Client
Our client is a highly successful company who have seen rapid growth in the last 12 months. They are based in Fareham and would require travel to their offices where there is free parking.
As the Finance Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Setting up and maintaining customer accounts on sales ledger in accordance with company standards to include correct legal entity, Standard Industry Code categories and credit terms up to agreed authority levels.
- Detailed preparation, administration and filing of sales ledger invoices and work tickets in accordance with the needs of the customers.
- Assisting in month end management reporting procedures to the Team Leader and depot staff.
- Tidy up of old and unused accounts.
- Provide support to the credit control function.
- Provide cover for all other roles within the invoicing and purchase ledger function.
- Adhoc requests as of when required.
- Sort through all incoming mail, distributing and actioning as appropriate.
- Number and batch supplier invoices ready for keying into ERP system.
- Accurately post invoices onto system.
- Generate weekly and monthly BACS runs and send remittances to suppliers once payment has been made.
- Check supplier statements against the system and request copies of any missing invoices.
- Undertake filing and general administrative tasks as required.
The Successful Applicant
To be succesful for the Finance Assistant role, you must:
- Good general computer literacy.
- Friendly telephone manner and customer service attitude.
- Previous administrative work experience required, work in finance department desirable.
- Accurate and precise working and attention to detail.
- Forward looking, inquisitive and interested attitude.
What's on Offer
Salary £19,000 - £21,000