Attractive Salary Commensurate With Experience
Attractive Benefits Package
About Our Client
My client is a well-established firm, based in Sherborne, operating across several entities, including Limited Companies, Charities and Partnerships.
As a Finance Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all finance functions and accounting records are maintained accurately and in a timely manner.
- Undertake all prime entry bookkeeping tasks ensuring all income and costs have been appropriately approved, recorded accurately and VAT where applicable is correctly treated.
- Create all payments runs whether weekly or adhoc.
- Assist with the preparation of CIS and VAT returns ensuring these are submitted on time.
- Prepare regular reconciliations not limited to weekly bank reconciliations, monthly income reconciliations, actual v budget costs summaries as an example.
- Undertake credit control if required.
- Maintain all fixed asset registers, ledgers and control accounts accurately.
- Prepare management accounts to trial balance and assist with the preparation of the statutory accounts with supporting year end audit files where required for internal and external review.
- Undertake project work as required.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for other team members when required.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in your application for Finance Assistant, you should be:
- AAT qualified (or studying) or qualified by experience with at least three years of relevant experience within practice or industry.
- Has experience of VAT, with knowledge of CIS being an advantage.
- Can proactively prioritise their own work as this role deals with a high volume of information.
- Has integrity, discretion and the ability to deal with confidential information.
- Has excellent administration and communication skills (both written and verbal with attention to detail).
What's on Offer
If you are successful in your application for Finance Assistant, you will receive:
- An attractive salary commensurate with experience
- 8% employer pension contribution
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Individual BUPA cover
- Life insurance 4 x gross salary
- Payment of your annual AAT membership subscription if applicable
- Our commitment to provide you with ongoing CPD to enhance your knowledge, skills and experience
- Car Parking