A chance to work for an excellent well established organisation
Can be worked from either Cardiff or Wrexham
About Our Client
The Development Bank of Wales was set up in 2001 as "Finance Wales" to help Welsh businesses realise their potential for innovation, growth and economic impact. Over the last 16 years, it has invested £0.5 billion in Welsh businesses and attracted £0.6 billion more from private sector investors.
As the landscape for business finance in Wales evolved, an Access to Finance review was announced in 2013 by Welsh Government. It recommended the creation of a public development bank, a national financial institution which would have a greater scope for giving business in Wales the support they need. In 2016, the First Minister announced the creation of the Development Bank of Wales as a key government priority. In July 2017, it was announced that the new organisation would launch in October 2017.
Now open for business, the Development Bank of Wales are here to build on Finance Wales' success and enhance the Welsh economy by backing more businesses in Wales than ever before.
The Development Bank of Wales also manage and administer the Welsh Governments' "Help to buy" scheme which has helped over 10,000 1st time buyers get onto the property ladder in Wales.
Your day to day responsibilities would include:
- Ensuring that the ledgers are maintained accurately and in accordance with procedures.
- Preparing the monthly management accounts in accordance with the timetable.
- Providing commentary and explanations to management where required on the performance reported.
- Maintaining cash books and the timely reconciliation of bank accounts for those companies that the postholder is responsible for.
- Ensuring that the Portfolio Management System is accurate and up to date at all times.
- Ensuring the accuracy of the profiles of investments for the calculation of interest and fees and for the collection of cash.
- Ensuring that all adjustments to investments and profiles are requested and dealt with in a timely manner in accordance with procedures.
- To liaise and handle queries with the external and internal auditors, suppliers, and banks as required.
- Ensuring the accuracy of the direct debit run.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good numerical skills and the ability to problem solve and be a logical thinker
- AAT qualified, or equivalent, or studying
- Sound knowledge of Excel and accounting systems
- Experience of preparing management accounts
- Experience of providing financial support.
The following would also be desirable:
- Ability to communicate through the medium of Welsh
- Awareness of the Development Bank of Wales Group
- Experience working within Financial or Professional Services
- Self motivated and flexible approach to work.
This role can be based out of Cardiff or Wrexham
What's on Offer
Salary in the range of £22-25K + other great benefits including:
- Fully funded study support
- Competitive salary, 37 hours a week
- Discretionary company bonus scheme
- Contributory pension plan - employer's contribution rate of up to 10%
- 30 days' paid annual holidays + statutory bank holidays
- BUPA health care scheme (contributory)
- Childcare vouchers