- My client in Southampton is looking for a Finance Assistant.
- Excellent salary and benefits (inc. hybrid working) to the successful candidate.
About Our Client
My client is a world renowned business, with these particular offices based in Southampton.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and aspiring individual to join our Receivables section, specifically the Cash Allocations team, in making a significant contribution to our receivables working capital performance. You'll enjoy working as part of a team whilst building relationships with clients and internal stakeholders. You'll have demonstrated your ability to:
- Perform efficiently in a deadline driven environment
- Solve complex problems; taking a broad perspective to identify solutions
- Be self-motivated and operate with minimum supervision
- Work collaboratively with staff at all levels
Reporting to the Cash Allocations Team Leader, you'll be responsible for identifying and matching payments received into the firm's multiple currency bank accounts, ensuring this is carried out in a timely, accurate and controlled manner. You'll follow defined processes and procedures to ensure that our SLAs and key performance indicators ("KPI") are met and maintained. You'll also work closely with the Cashiers team in relation to non-fee income and refunds.Routine activities & responsibilities include:
- Investigate and accurately allocate remaining client payment receipts not matched through automation software
- Investigate and respond to enquiries and payment related queries from internal stakeholders and external clients
- Collaborate effectively with your wider Receivables team (Collections & Inter-Territory Receivables) and other key stakeholders to minimise unallocated cash
- Review, investigate and process cash transfers and reversals
- Review and prepare client refunds where appropriate, in line with relevant legislation and Firm's policy
- Undertake client account reconciliations, ensuring all relevant documentary evidence is maintained for audit purposes
- In the spirit of challenging the status quo, contribute your ideas and / or recommendations for ongoing system and process improvements, and support subsequent implementations
The Successful Applicant
Candidates who have worked in similar roles such as Accounts Assistant, Receivables/Payables will obviously be ideal. But if you have had exposure to working in a ledger environment within a finance department, this would be suitable.The role will also consider candidates who have recently graduated in a relevant degree.
What's on Offer
An excellent salary and benefits package is available to the successful candidate. Alongside a hybrid working pattern.