- Finance Analyst
- Market Leading Global Business
About Our Client
Our client is a market leader Globally with a headquarters in Glasgow City Centre. The business does offer Hybrid working.
The successful candidate will likely have the following responsibilities:
- Take ownership of financial aspects of vessels' life cycle management and work with stakeholders
- to develop appropriate budget plans and rolling forecasts.
- Provide financial input to the following
- major initiatives: Annual Budgets, Capital Modifications, Drydocking, Strategic projects, Other key events.
- Hold regular meetings with Vessel Managers and other stakeholders to ensure alignment of actual
- expenditure with budgets. If there are deviations, create plans to realign to Budget, keeping the
- Director and/or Fleet Managers advised.
- Complete monthly and quarterly financial closures such as accruals, prepayments, amortization
- etc., in a timely manner.
- Prepare quarterly balance sheet reconciliations to support financial balances.
- Take the lead during financial audits of allotted vessel groups.
- Liaise with Charterers and Joint Venture partners and provide financial information and analyses as
- Prepare annual budget and quarterly board presentations for Charterers and Joint Venture
- partners and attend, when required, off-site meetings (potential requirement for occasional travel).
- Ensure vessel financial results are compliant with company accounting policies.
- Develop and promote best practices within the team.
- Work with stakeholders within the gas fleet to perform various project analyses (e.g., cost/benefit,
- performance, financial etc.).
- Provide training for new and existing members of the gas fleet.
- Liaise with appropriate internal departments based in various global regions e.g., Accounts Payable
- in Manila, F&A in Vancouver.
- Act as an interface between the Operational Team and Finance and Accounting (F&A), develop
- implementation plans associated with strategic initiatives rolled out by F&A in collaboration with
- other Team Business Analysts.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will likely have the following profile:
- ACCA, CIMA or ICAS part-qualified, or QBE
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, with advanced Excel experience
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive and dynamic approach. Provide innovative solutions to problem solving and process improvements
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to respond to customers in an effective manner
What's on Offer
This role offers a competitive salary between £32,000-£37,000 plus benefits.