About Our Client
Our client are a very reputable not for profit organisation based in Liverpool, they offer great benefits for their employees, are based in outstanding offices and offer an upbeat working environment, the finance accountancy function itself is a massive and important part of the business.
- Perform complex financial planning, analysis and reporting to support the preparation of actuals performance reporting, budgets and forecasts
- Provide financial insight and analysis to support finance business partners and senior business management, including (but not limited to) the translation of complex financial data into business information and insight, identifying trends, patterns and anomalies.
- Undertake complex modelling, scenario planning, business case preparation and option appraisal to support decision making
- Ensure financial performance variances are monitored and tracked; review and discuss with finance business partners, prepare quarterly forecasting for commentary and propose action to improve business performance.
- Ensure that the business has robust financial data by reviewing and validating its integrity and quality.
- Input into statutory, regulatory or other external reporting as directed, (either specific to the business area or corporate).
- Monitor the service provided to finance business partners and senior budget holders, promoting good financial and business management, accountability, efficiency and value for money.
- Implement continuous improvements to the planning, forecasting and reporting processes as directed; contributing to the improvement of other finance processes and services where required.
- Assist with development initiatives to improve financial literacy across the business.
- Manage internal customer relationships effectively and signpost customers to other services within the Department to ensure they can efficiently access the service they require.
- Respond to queries from internal customer and stakeholders, ensuring that the response is timely and compliant with the relevant process and control procedures and frameworks.
The Successful Applicant
Essential for the senior finance analyst
Fully CCAB/CIMA qualified or equivalent QBE
Strong analytic skills
Proven track record of financial planning, analysis and reporting
A strong understanding of financial control
Ability to appropriately challenge senior managers
Ability to show initiative, propose solutions to issues identified and take ownership of tasks
Ability to work flexibly to meet business requirements
Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure, deliver to strict deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
Customer focused with excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work at all levels within the business
Commercially aware with a focus on continuous improvement
What's on Offer
Benefits on offer to the Senior finance analyst
- £28,000 - £32,000 salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank
- On site parking
- Staff incentives