A chance to work for an industry leader
Great progression opportunities and study support
About Our Client
My client is a a leader in financial services industry in the heart of Cardiff. They are looking for a candidate with good analytical and problem solving skills and with an ability to identify process improvement opportunities. A candidate who can clarify objectives, aims and timescales to deliver the required outcome and who can build and develop strong relationships with peers and the leadership team.
As a Finance Analyst you will be responsible for -
Daily Actions - Review, check and authorise daily processing and deals in accordance with Accounting Operations timetables
Reconciliations - Responsible for month end unit reconciliations, including the investigation and clearance of outstanding items
Financial Reporting - Support the month end accounting process to ensure the accurate and timely preparation of the financial /management accounts, related revenue, balance sheet, tax or other regulatory returns
Management Information - Assist and deliver analytical support and management information to various business units
Financial Controls - Adhere to robust financial controls in compliance with Group Standards, statutory and regulatory requirements and the risk and control framework.
Process Reviews - Responsible for identifying and resolving issues and errors found across daily accounting processes, as well as for identifying opportunities for process improvement and maintaining them on the continuous improvement log.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- Be part qualified looking to completing a recognised professional accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA)
- Have at least 2 years relevant experience within a Finance or investment environment.
- Have experience dealing with high volumes of reconciliations
- Practical experience of accounting and/or banking/book keeping procedures Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Oracle / SAP experience (desirable)
- Be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the business and prepared to actively participate in meetings.
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team, while planning and prioritising tasks.
What's on Offer
If successful you will have a wide range of benefits including:
- A competitive salary and a generous pension scheme
- Life assurance,
- Discretionary performance related bonuses
- Paid overtime
- Discounts on a huge range of high street stores