An ideal opportunity to gain exposure in a varied role
A quick start in a business that offers plenty of opportunity for development
About Our Client
The client is a well respected business in the local area and is renowned for delivering excellent customer service to their customer base. This newly created role will further help them to deliver a more efficient service and to maintain better control of their budget. Despite being a large and dynamic business, they manage to maintain a family atmosphere within the offices and are a great environment to work in. Located in Bedford with on-site parking they are an easy commute for anyone in the local area or travelling from Milton Keynes and the surrounding area.
The key responsibilities for the Finance Administrator will be:
- To administer the database and work closely with other departments and other members of the Finance team to ensure funds are administered efficiently, within allocated budgets, and in accordance with national, local guidelines.
- To update the system and communicate with external/internal stakeholders throughout the process, including resolving payment queries.
- To input required data into the Finance system and prepare documents for direct payments or internal transfers.
- To organise and attend meetings including preparing and circulating agenda's and lists of agreed actions in a timely fashion.
- To produce regular monitoring reports for all funds, including commentaries, to be circulated to the required
- To keep abreast of new developments in the sector and communicate any changes to line manager
- To represent the department/business at internal and external meetings, as appropriate
- To promote and ensure that best practise in Customer Service is adhered to at all times
- To monitor and ensure that payments are in line with agreed procedures and reconciling any relevant control accounts in the Finance System.
- To take part in marketing and promotion activities
- Any other duties as determined by your line manager
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the role of Finance Administrator will be:
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the telephone and in writing
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise own and others' workload
- Ability to understand and apply complex procedures
- Good level of numeracy skills
- Excellent IT, administrative and accurate record-keeping skills
- Ability to work with a diverse client group
- Ability to work effectively with teaching and support staff across college to identify and meet the welfare needs of students
- Ability to analyse and present complex data to senior staff
- Ability to produce effective and concise reports
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Ability to successfully line manage a team including carrying out Performance Management and team meetings
- Ability to work on own initiative
What's on Offer
An exciting opportunity to join a newly created Finance Administrator position for a well respected Aerospace institution located in Bedford. Opportunity to gain exposure in a varied role.