Facilities Services Assistant
Are you immediately available?
Do you currently hold a DBS?
About Our Client
The client is a hospital based in Westminster
- Supporting the delivery of a range of Facilities services, i.e. catering, domestic, portering
- Present an efficient, high quality domestic service to patients and staff
- Follow specific schedule of work relating to defined areas although post holders are required to have a flexible approach to daily routine.
- Economic and safe use of cleaning agents, following manufacturers recommended instructions.
- Care and use of mechanical cleaning equipment.
- Inform Supervisor of requirements for work materials as required and check delivery of
cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Wear protective clothing as supplied by the Department.
- Complete all daily/weekly sign off sheets for areas of work
- Disposal of waste in accordance with relevant Policy.
- Clean crockery, cutlery, utensils, containers and small scale equipment manually or
through the dish washer located in the ward kitchen (as per work schedule).
- Responsible for regeneration of ward meals/ plating up of meals/beverage provision
as part of Ward food service (as per work schedule).
- Prepare and serve hot beverages if part of work schedule.
- Order stock and receipt of cleaning materials rotate for use by dates if required
- Staff may be required to assist in the movement of patients and goods as required
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for Facilities Services Assistants to have some relevant healthcare experience. This could be from voluntary or paid work in, for example, care work. Customer service skills are useful, too.
You must currently hold a DBS. The certificate will be required to be shown
Friendly and helpful
Calm and reassuring
Physically fit for lifting, walking, pushing, etc
Willing to work with staff and patients of all ages and from all walks of life
Health and safety aware
Able to follow instructions carefully
What's on Offer
This is an ongoing temporary role with a minimum of 1 month