Stable and fantastic working environment.
Strong level of autonomy, make own decisions and be responsible for workloads
About Our Client
Our client are an award winning science and research centre near Didcot.
The Facilities Manager will be managing:
DAY TO DAY:
- Strategic leadership and effective management of the Facilities teams of 12
- Strategic service development for Facilities and Operations Services
- Effective value for money, cost and efficiency improvements
- Proactive communication to and liaison with site staff to ensure understanding of user needs and that all are well informed on site issues and developments, working with the site planning team to agree investment priorities
- Provision of a high quality, safe and clean environment, including world class laboratories
- Provision of professional advice and support to senior managers, scientific colleagues and stakeholders. This includes interpretation and applications of policy changes, guidance and best practices
- Effective management of staff accommodation
- Development and review of Facilities operational risk registers and ownership of Facilities risk management. Provision of robust risk mitigation strategies and risk assessment mitigation plans
OPERATIONAL AND MANAGEMENT:
- Responsible for the senior level operation for Facilities services to ensure high quality via optimum use of available resources.
- Work closely with, and actively support, scientists and infrastructure staff to ensure that efficient and effective customer focused services are delivered against agreed targets and within financial allocation.
- Ensure that staffing levels are appropriate, leading and managing the team to prioritise effectively.
- Identify, analyse and research on commercial opportunities to promote income to develop the services while maintaining standards compliant with local and national guidance.
- Work with the Head of Facilities and Operations through the Facilities and Operations Management team to develop a consistent and cohesive service meeting the needs of site into the future.
- Ensure services provided by external contractors are managed and monitored effectively and delivered against robust key performance indicators.
- Prepare contract specifications and SLAs as required and lead on tendering processes.
- Undertake any duties or projects as requested by the Head of Facilities that are commensurate with the role.
- Set objectives for operational teams to support the business planning process and provide a framework and develop relevant metrics for performance monitoring.
- Ensure Facilities are compliant with all statutory and mandatory regulations.
- Responsibility for the operational management of staff accommodation.
- Support the Head of Facilities & Operations in the development and delivery of major capital investments.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT AND SERVICE IMPROVEMENT:
- Manage outsourced contracts through regular formal reviews.
- Regularly review all services to ensure effective performance and best value
- Oversee and project-manage strategic service improvements, process reform and innovation in line with service delivery. Formulate, present and implement business cases and service agreements as required.
- Seek out quality and cost improvements aiming to achieve modern, efficient and dependable services and Facilities procurement for the quality and delivery of each service
- Take the lead management responsibility for Health & Safety, Risk management and Risk Assessment
The Successful Applicant
The Facilities Manager will have a proven successful track record of delivery of total Facilities Management:
- Degree Educated
- Membership of WIFM, IFMA or equivalent
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of best principle and practice and applies this to area of expertise and /or area of professional activity. Proven track record in building and construction or Facilities Management.
- Proven understanding of key areas including; OHSAS18001, ISO14001, ISO9001, AutoCAD, Building Management System, SFG20, Building Asset Register, Condition Surveys
- Certified training or proven knowledge in statutory compliance requirements, including; Legionella Management, Asbestos Management, Fire Safety Management, Waste Management, F-Gas Regulations, Risk Assessments, PSSR, Contractor Management, Food Hygiene Regulations
- Certified training or proven knowledge in essential area services, including; H&S (NEBOSH Certificate), Environmental Management (IEMA Foundation Certificate), Security Management, Project Management, Procurement, Service Contract Specifications and Performance Monitoring, PPM system, CDM Regulations, Tenant Management & SLA's
What's on Offer
On Offer is a competitive annual salary + Annual review of pay
27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
Pension - 5% employee, 10% employer
Great, stable site based opportunity to make key, strategical decisions and lead a Facilities team.