Are you immediately available?
Are you able to do shift work?
About Our Client
Our client is one of the top-50 most visited arts institutions in the world and one of the UK's most popular cultural destinations
- Undertake daily walks/audits/inspections inclusive of but not limited to lighting, heating, fire extinguishers and meter readings, reporting all findings to the Facilities Coordinator.
- Proactively monitor all fire exit routes, ensuring they are kept clear at all times.
- Maintain Health and Safety precautions in all working areas and to comply with good practice, policies and procedures, with particular regards to COSH, Risk Assessments.
- Monitor contractors ensuring that they adhere to Health and Safety regulations when onsite.
- Responsible for Health and Safety duties as required by the Head of Construction and Buildings.
- Responsible for opening and closing of buildings.
- Check the security infrastructure daily to ensure it is in good working order.
- Monitor security to safeguard works of art, visitors and staff at all times, reporting any breaches to the Head of Construction and Buildings
- Support the Head of Construction and Buildings when required with liaising with external contractors and be familiar with associated equipment, including access control.
- Provide occasional out of hours on call cover.
- Identify and undertake general maintenance tasks on a daily basis.
- Maintain office and public environments, which can include; painting, cleaning, general repairs and DIY requirements.
- Reception cover during silent hours; inclusive of answering phone and recording messages.
- Respond to daily office requests regarding phone systems, IT and photocopier issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for a wide range of porter duties (across both sites), including post, deliveries and supply/ install of furniture required for events.
- Regularly review stationery stocks and replenish supplies as necessary.
- Communicate all completed/outstanding issues in a daily handover.
- Under the direction of the Head of Construction and Buildings, proactively champion environmental considerations and ensure that all staff members are directed to do so wherever possible.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Maintain standards to all external areas, inclusive of the Gardens / Bin stores and external service lift.
- Ensure consumable stocks for all toilets and staff kitchens are monitored and maintained and that these facilities are inspected for cleanliness and faults.
- Maintain general office tidiness and report any issues.
- Ensure a high standard of cleanliness inside and outside both Galleries.
Gallery Hire / Events
- Ensure that prior to both external and internal events, the spaces to be used are checked and presented at the highest possible standard.
The Successful Applicant
MUST be willing to work shifts.
- The Facilities Team are operational 7 days per week (including Bank Holidays). The role operates on a shift pattern over two weeks, working one week 'Early' and the following 'Late' (with a one hour unpaid break).
Early: 07:00 - 1500
Late: 13:00 - 21:00
- The role holder will be required to operate across these shifts with the flexibility to work weekends and within reason, to work such hours outside these periods as are necessary for the proper fulfilment of the duties described in the Job Description.
- Experience in providing Facilities support for both soft and hard services.
* Excellent verbal communication skills to collaborate and liaise with various departments.
* Strong organisational and planning skills, with the ability to work individually and as part of
* Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise a busy workload.
* A flexible, reliable and conscientious approach to work.
* First Aid qualified or prepared to train to obtain First Aid qualification.
* Proficient IT skills and use of MS office software.
* Keen to learn and undertake Health and Safety training when needed.
* Ability to identify building concerns as they arise, including decoration cleaning, and DIY requirements.
* Availability to work unsociable hours when required, including weekends, evenings and public holidays.
What's on Offer
This is a temp to perm opportunity working at a prestigious art institution in the heart of London