Facilities Assistant (Part-Time)
Great Team Culture and Flexible Working Pattern!
About Our Client
Our client, a very rewarding Not-for-Profit with an excellent culture and great benefits are looking for a Facilities Assistant (Part-Time) to join their team on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity for someone flexible or someone who is looking to manage their diary around other commitments.
Duties and responsibilities of the Facilities Assistant (Part-Time) include, but are not limited to:
- To maintain premises and sites to standards required by health and safety legislation
- Respond to routine maintenance and repair work required
- Source and monitor the work of contractors (eg cleaners)
- Escort contractors to sites where repair or maintenance work is required and observe their safe working practices and the standard of their work
- Ensure that items of equipment and disposable resources pertaining to the job are stored securely
- Maintain Health and Safety
- Co-ordinate school minibus maintenance and regular safety checks
- Ensure premises are clean and tidy
- Ensure that output and quality of work is of a high standard and complies with current legislation/standards
- Promote safe working practices
- Keeping records of work done and contracts held.
- To carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects commitment to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in accordance with policies
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the role of Facilities Assistant (Part-Time) will possess:
- Proven knowledge and experience of building maintenance and/or facilities management (which is equivalent to GNVQ 2 level)
- Knowledge of effective facilities management including: site safety and security; ordering, controlling, receiving and delivering goods and services efficiently; recommending and undertaking routine repair and maintenance work
- Willing to undertake training in relevant policies and procedures including Health and Safety (eg COSHH and Fire Safety)
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for the role of Facilities Assistant (Part-Time) will benefit from an opportunity to work for a community interest company that has a social mission at its core. This is a stable, permanent and rewarding part-time role with an excellent working culture.