- An exciting high profile opportunity
- Flexible hybrid working environment
About Our Client
Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) are an independent national service who make fair and final decisions on complaints that have not been resolved by the NHS and other government and public organisations. Their investigations can afford people a voice where they feel they may have not been treated fairly, through effective and thorough investigations PHSO are at the forefront of stamping out social injustice and change lives for the better.
This autonomous institution operate under 4 fundamental pillars, which are: Independence, Fairness, Excellence and Transparency, PHSO bind themselves to these values through every part of the establishment. With a "Live well, Work Well" office mentality you can look forward to a friendly, supportive and close knit place to work, PHSO strive to inspire and guide you through your career with them, ensuring you are your healthiest and happiest self.
Currently going through an exciting period of growth, PHSO are looking to create an even more diverse and charismatic working environment and therefore welcome applications from candidates with a diverse background.
Reporting to the Assistant Private Secretary, the Executive and Committee Administration Officer will be responsible for:
- assisting the Executive Office and Governance Team in supporting the Ombudsman, Committee Chairs, Chief Executive, Board Members, Executive Team, Senior Leadership Team and auditors
- supporting the administration of internal control systems, the corporate calendar, the Governance Framework and other records
- creating forward plans, sending meeting invites, circulating agendas and supporting documents and attending and minuting meetings where required
- managing diaries, commissioning papers, managing correspondence, booking travel and accommodation, and providing general admin support
The Successful Applicant
- Previous exposure providing administrative support, including diary management, organising meetings and minuting meetings
- Experience of prioritising effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrable experience of building and maintaining relationships at all levels
- Knowledge of analysing complex written material and summarising key issues
- A confident user of MS Outlook and managing diaries
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An awareness of public administration (central government in particular) or the NHS and the context in which it operates
What's on Offer
- Salary £32,299
- Civil Service Pension scheme (minimum 26.6% employer contribution)
- 30-day holiday entitlement, plus 2.5 extra statutory holidays on top
- Flexitime: Core hours between 10.00-12.00 and 14.00-16.00
- Extra 2 days of Flexi-leave each month for additional hours that have been accrued
- Access to a wide variety of internal and external wellbeing support, 24/7 assistance programmes and health advice
PHSO is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI), and welcomes applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds. They are also a Disability Confident organisation.
Should you wish to access the Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) or require any reasonable adjustments through the process please contact the lead recruiter to discuss your needs before the advert closes.
To apply, please submit an up-to-date CV detailing your experience that best fits the essential criteria outlined above.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.