- Looking for Employee Relations Advisors with NHS experience
- A temporary opportunity, with the potential to go to permanent
About Our Client
The client is a large NHS Trust who provides the widest range of NHS mental health services in the UK.
The key responsibilities for this Employee Relations Advisor with NHS experience are:
Provide an expert and up to date knowledge to all employees and staff side representatives on HR policies and procedures and employment law processes as applicable and ensuring appropriate signposting and support.
Provide first point of contact HR advice and support to the management team to facilitate early resolution of employee relations issues ensuring that the risk associated with such cases are effectively managed
Seeking advice and support from the Lead Employee Relations Officer or Head of Human Resources as appropriate and including: -
Management of Sickness Absence
Harassment and Bullying
Performance management - capability
Prepare line managers to attend formal hearings and present their management cases. Support new managers at formal hearings to present their case if and where appropriate.
Play a lead role in conjunction with HR Business Partners on consultation and restructuring processes including advice regarding redundancy. Where appropriate provide support to line managers in the handling of redeployment and redundancy processes including support to conduct 1 - 1 consultation meetings and provide written communication to affected employees ensuring that all rights and entitlements in an 'at risk' situation are advised and maintained.
* Accurately record all ER related case work on the Trust's recording system and escalate complex ER issues to the Lead Employee Relations Officer for advice, support and guidance.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this role must have:
- Experience working in the NHS in an HR or Employee relations capacity
- Previous experience working in an Employee Relations/Advisory role
- Understanding and experience of job evaluation processes
- The ability to review and update HR policies and procedures in line with changes
- Good communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to influence and negotiate with managers and staff to enable the provision of an effective and efficient ER service within the Trust
- Ability to analyse and problem solve from complex information and communicate with managers and staff to assist in determining informed decisions
What's on Offer
On offer to the candidate is an opportunity to work as an Employee Relations Advisor with NHS experience on a temporary contract. This role is currently working from home, but will require 1-2 days working on site in South West London. The role has the potential to go to permanent but is currently temporary for 2-3 months. This is offering £20-£22 per hour. Candidates must have previous HR/ER experience within the NHS to apply