Excellent Opportunity with a Leading Social Housing Association
Permanent Opportunity in Bracknell
About Our Client
Silva Homes is a vibrant, confident and independent award winning housing association with ambitious plans, backed by strong finances and excellent colleagues. Established in 2008 as a stock transfer association, Silva Homes have added 800 homes to their property portfolio, and are continuing to significantly invest in and improve, their homes and services to customers.
Silva Homes have around 220 employees providing services to 7,500 homes.
- We want an electrician to provide a high-quality electrical repairs service for void properties. You will need to have the ability to undertake a range of work from, installing electric shows to re-wiring kitchens and bathrooms. You will need to undertake the associated certification and condition reporting and be expected to achieve the competent standard for electrical works as defined by the NICEIC
- Although you will work in the voids team, you will be called upon to work with the reactive repairs and maintenance service, depending on the volume of work, we are one team, where all colleagues are expected to work together to achieve great services for our customers.
- We want someone who takes pride in doing a good job, sees the job through to completion, that utilises your full range of skills and experience.
For the Main Duties
- Providing a high-quality electrical repairs service in void properties and the wider repairs and servicing team as required.
- Undertaking works as instructed within all buildings owned or maintained by Silva Homes to the competent standard for electrical works as defined by the NICEIC. Complete all paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Undertake multi-trade activities as appropriate in the completion of your duties, including asbestos minor works (cat B), minor plastering repairs, repairs to tiling, silicon sealing, minor testing and fault finding, core drilling and fire alarm testing.
- Be responsible for your Silva Homes assigned vehicle, undertake maintenance checks on a weekly basis as per the driver’s/operator’s handbook and ensure an adequate supply of stock in order to undertake your assigned jobs.
- Carry out and detail work in accordance with the current schedule of rates for the Silva Homes repairs & maintenance service.
- Notify the Voids Manager of any health and safety defects within properties and communal areas and make recommendations for rectifying them.
- Always ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation, other relevant legislation and guidelines as set out in the Silva Homes Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of work undertaken and time taken daily.
- Such other duties as may from time to time be necessary, compatible with the nature of the post. The above list of main duties and responsibilities is not necessarily a complete statement of the final duties of the post. It is intended to give an overall view of the position and should be taken as guidance only.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and experiences
- Achieve and demonstrate trade competencies for electricians.
- conduct major fault finding
- install electric showers and immersion heaters
- undertake fire alarm testing
- undertake emergency lighting testing
- advanced knowledge of fault finding and rectifying heating systems
- complete major installations
- re-wire of kitchens
- re-wire of bathrooms
- undertake electrical projects
- repair electric blow air heating systems
- Ensure that all work is completed to the defined quality and technical standards
- Good knowledge of current maintenance techniques and use of the correct equipment
- Good organisational skills, a problem solver who uses their own initiative
- Ability to work on own initiative, be self-motivated and ability to work as part of team
- Enjoys working collaboratively colleagues to provide a great service to our customers
Qualifications and other requirements
- Good general level of education and qualified to NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- City & Guilds qualifications together with (18th Edition) and any revisions thereto, wiring regulations and all health and safety regulations per Level 1 Electrician.
- At least 3 years practical experience of inspecting, testing and certifying to 2391 standards.
- A full clean driving licence
What's on Offer
For the benefits section
We provide a wide range of benefits that help us to invest in colleagues and their aspirations, to support them to work in the way they want and that makes sure we recognise, reward and look after our everyone. We are also constantly reviewing this and looking at ways to improve our offer.
Investing in you
- A strong established pension scheme with employer contributions up to 12%
- Support to gain new skills to be at your best
- Investment in qualifications that will help you to develop in your role
- Payment of professional fees and subscriptions
- Uniforms, tools and vehicles for accredited people in trades and supportive housing areas
- Digital devices to help you work where you need to, because we know work and life extends beyond the office
- Free office parking
- Paid volunteering opportunities
- A competitive market salary
- Recognition awards
Looking after you
- A generous leave entitlement
- A rewarding buy and sell leave scheme
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme to provide confidential advice when you need it
- Flu jab vouchers
- Eye care and spectacle vouchers
- Access to various health and wellbeing activities
- Discounted gym membership option
- Health cash back plan option