Director of Credit Management, Collections and Global OTC Cycle
Rare Director level appointment with an innovative Global Business
Extensive European travel required
About Our Client
Page Personnel is delighted to be exclusively partnering a Business Services organisation who are going through a period of global transformation, systems implementation and process improvement.
As a result of this transformation a newly created opportunity has arisen to play a pivotal role in leading the success of their credit management and collection change agenda.
The focus is building a strong governance and operational model for Credit Management, Collections and Billings Operations. This is a leadership role in credit and collection management that impacts the organisations working capital position.
The Director of Credit Management, Collections and Global OTC Cycle, will be a key member of the team dedicated to guiding and driving the company's credit and risk management practices, policies and processes.
Key accountabilities include:
- Be the European leader for Credit & Collection Management, to include being a collaborative thought partner with cross-functional stakeholders (Sales, Finance, Legal and Operations), and providing insight, development and execution of the strategic plan for Credit and Risk
- Be the catalyst for permanent change, promoting change and driving execution and adoption of Credit Management & Collection initiatives and deployment of key risk mitigation enablers within Europe, allowing for local exceptions to common processes when legal or local market conditions prevent deployment of a common standard
- Build the process management system and operationally manage the collection team to ensure customers pay on time, chase overdue debt and make sure that cash and overdue debt targets are achieved
- Lead team of credit controllers responsible for handling credit assessment, decisions and providing input on the terms and conditions of client agreements and contracts
- Responsible for the development of the credit management and collection processes and control system in collaboration with Area / Country Finance Business Partners, Collection Teams, Sales and Operations
- Build governance model and controls to ensure timely and accurate client billings, work with local business partners and country operations on improvement areas
- Build the new organisational structure, Order to Cash Tower, including a AR close management and cash application team, credit and terms management, billing operations and collection performance management team, and a virtual collections team
- Lead, coach, drive and inspire your team of credit controllers and collectors, balancing day to day business execution with transformative work of implementing new processes, controls, tools and performance standards into the European organisation
- Be the "communicator-in-chief" for the Credit Management & Collections, engaging country/area leaders cross-functionally to share data-driven insights, propose action and drive strategies that strengthen working capital and cash position
- Be the thinker, formulating Credit Limit, Terms, Credit Risk and Collection strategies and policies aimed at optimising credit and collection risk. Drive value creation by offering perspectives, guidance and recommendations to improve portfolio health and performance as well as process efficiencies and effectiveness
- Be a leader of a multi-country function, collaborating across the European region, and actively offering suggestions to achieve team-success, taking the initiative to get things done and following through on commitments
- Continually monitor leading practices and emerging technology to determine ways to automate processes without sacrificing service quality
- Implement and monitor the month and year-end activities in line with the corporate closing calendar, provide timely and accurate information for the annual corporate and local audit process.
The Successful Applicant
Ideally educated to Bachelor degree level within Business Administration, Finance, Economics or MCICM (Grad)
Proven track record in commercial credit and collection management in a European regional or multi-country environment
Advanced knowledge of ERP application. Oracle Advanced Collection is an advantage
Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills are essential
Experience working is a matrixed, multi-site, pan European organisation
Management of 20+ staff across multiple locations is highly desirable
Demonstrated success in introducing major change, leading initiatives and managing complex projects
Strong written and oral communication in English (and additional European languages are an advantage)
SSC environment background is also beneficial
What's on Offer
Competitive benefits package including generous Bonus, Car Allowance and Private Medical Cover