Varied and interesting role
Successful and growing business
About Our Client
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today. We now maintain over 2,000 miles of water mains and manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It's an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
- Actively contact debtors in a professional manner to enable debt to be fulfilled by the customer
- Providing timely and regular reconciliation of the sales ledger balances, presenting information in a clear manner that can be presented to the leadership team detailing aging of sales ledger information.
- Provide cover and support to sales ledger team through raising of invoices for sales ledger and providing support on MOSL charges (market operator for non household customers)
- Respond to relevant business and customer enquiries
- Work closely with finance and retail to provide analytics on household debtors
- In addition to the above functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may be reasonably required.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in Credit Control is essential and sales ledger experience would be a bonus but not essential
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure
- Practical knowledge of spreadsheets in Excel
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Polite and pleasant telephone manner
- Written communication skills
- Time management skills with ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to self-motivate
- Has good attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Minimum grade C in GCSE Mathematics and English Language, or equivalent
What's on Offer
What is on offer for the candidate?
We don't just want to be proud of what we do, we also want to celebrate how we do it. We are an inclusive environment that values community, and your contribution to delivering our Business Plan over the next 5 years and our 5 pledges to our customers is vital. We aren't just recruiting for experience - potential, fit and values are fundamental to building and developing our team. We want you to develop, grow and succeed and enjoy working at SES.
- Life assurance
- Study Support
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days' holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage