An exciting opportunity with a forward thinking Local Authority
Competitive hourly rate and an immediate start!
About Our Client
A forward thinking Local Authority are seeking experienced Compliance Officers to join their established team.
- Review strategies, procedures and processes in relation to key service areas such as, fire safety, gas safety, electrical safety and all areas of compliance.
- Interpret legislation/statutory obligations and ensure working practices are in place to meet these requirements.
- Proposing, developing, implementing and managing the most effective models for the compliance of the council's property assets, procuring and negotiating contracts to deliver the required services.
- Keeping up to date on current trends in compliance, best practice and legislation. Providing necessary information and advice to staff, contractors and stakeholders on ensuring compliance is effectively managed to current standards. Taking action dependant on the nature of any failure to meet a specific standard.
- Review and plan for health and safety/compliance for programmes including construction design management, risk management, statutory compliance and all aspects associated with internal and partner construction projects.
- Actively support transformation, ensuring digital opportunities and solutions are explored and implemented wherever possible.
- Plan a key role in a culture of continuous improvement across the Council, ensuring effective performance monitoring and management arrangements are in place and providing timely intervention as necessary to sustain high standards of performance.
- Contribute to the achievement of financial security across the Council, including proactively identifying and implementing innovative/commercial opportunities within the service area that benefit the organisation, partners and/or customers.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate:
- Excellent programme/project management skills and commercial awareness
Experience in communicating at all levels using a variety of methods - written, verbal and presentation.
- Focuses personal and team contribution on activities that support strategic objectives and deliver the greatest value.
- Makes objective and evidence based decisions, whilst being innovative and creative.
- Embraces and understands the need to respond to both internal and external challenges.
Building legislation including Planning, Building regulations, CDM, Health & Safety Legislation and Party Wall Act.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be welcomed into their established Compliance team, a Monday - Friday working week and paying a competitive hourly rate of £15.36.