Communications Assistant - Shipping Company - London
Brilliant opportunity to work closely with a start-up communication team!
A competitive starting salary with real career progression opportunities!
About Our Client
The client is a very successful start up business within the shipping industry based in East London. They are looking for an extra pair of hands to assist with their growing projects and reputation. Despite the start up nature of the client they already have five teams which highlights both the stability and the growing emergence of the client.
The key responsibilties of the Communications Assistant role in the shipping industry are:
- To assist in improving brand value by standardising logo usage and making sure corporate guidelines are adhered to across regions.
- Manage the media database
- Assist in promotion through product placement opportunities such as, games, model creation, etc.
- Create and manage media database for press releases
- Circulate weekly press cuttings to senior management
Internal Company Magazine
- To assist in the creation and distribution of the company internal magazine, working with external design agencies, other company offices and business units.
- To be the focal point for and to coordinate collation of stories for internal publications and create articles.
- Assist with editing of articles
- Regularly assess stakeholder views of publication and monitor magazine success
- To assist the communications team, in the coordination of industry events and conferences.
- To coordinate with external offices the supply and distribution of gifts and giveaways, respecting the coms budget.
- To assist in creation, order and distribution of company calendars, notebooks and event merchandise.
- Assist in the development of digital communications strategy.
- Assist in the development of social media and website.
- Create, upload content and monitor social media
- Assist in the management of the website, ensuring publication of news stories, latest photos, promotion of services and correct up to date contact information for all offices
- Liaise with the e-coms team and relevant service providers on day-to-day digital issues
- Assist in the running of the portal, checking and uploading content.
Corporate and Social responsibility
- Assist in promotion of CSR profile and strive to make continuous improvements.
- Complete business partners CSR questionnaires as requested.
- Assist with day-to-day duties and ad hoc projects as and when requested
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Communications Assistant role in London will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Capable of working independently, grasping project details and recognising the most important quickly in a fast-moving department, where project priorities change hourly.
- Team player with good sense of humour and ability to get stuck-in and help with variety of tasks from the more routine to those involving board level and VIP visitors
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent, planning and time management skills
- Personal integrity to be unquestionable together with sensitivity towards issues relating to cross-cultural communication.
- Ability to act with diplomacy and civility towards customers and colleagues at all times.
- Acceptance of controls, constraints and procedures inherent in a global corporation.
- Competent use of MS Office suite of software.
- Knowledge of the shipping and logistics industry an advantage.
- Qualifications in PR & Media advantageous but not essential
What's on Offer
The Communications Assistant role offers for the successful candidate:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive bonus package including private health and eye care
- 25 days annual leave + bank holiday