- Our client is looking for a Clinical Income manager
- For an immediate start contract position
About Our Client
The client is an established client in South London.
The Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Work with colleagues in Contracting, Income, Costing and information/performance management to ensure the Trust has coherent integrated information, analysis and plans.
- Support the implementation of actions in response to recommendations from Internal Audit for the enhancement of internal controls and procedures in own areas of responsibility.
- Ensure strong relationships and regular communications with all Trust finance managers to ensure they are informed of any data quality issues relating to the financial position of the Trust, new national guidance and policy issues, etc and to provide them with clear guidance as appropriate.
Invoicing and Billing
- Liaise with colleagues in Accounts Receivable to ensure that all invoice queries are resolved or escalated in a timely manner in support of the Trust's cash management plans.
- Initiate billing for all contractual clinical and non-clinical income and assist in the maintenance of effective credit control systems so that all income due is recovered in a timely.
- Communicate directly with commissioners to resolve disputes over billing and ensure that the income billed is recovered and agree year end and periodic balances with commissioners as required for the statutory accounts and financial monitoring.
- Liaising with the Trusts Financial Accounting Department maintain an up-to-date register of contractual values and ensure appropriate amendments to invoices are adjusted according to contractual amendments.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Assist the Head of Income in the allocation of income to the Divisions as required as part of income reporting, identifying and highlighting reasons for significant variances on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly a forecast of Trust Income for own area of responsibility.
- Undertake full reconciliations between the General Ledger and contract monitoring information to ensure the robustness of the Trust's financial reporting.
- Communicate effectively to Directors, Senior Clinicians and Managers on the Trust's Income performance to enable effective decision making on income strategy and policy by the Board and Executive Team.
- Monitor and report on the level of outstanding debtors and ensure that action is being taken by Accounts Receivable Team to recover outstanding amounts advising the Head of Income on appropriate action where debts are not being recovered.
- Support the delivery of the income elements of the Trust's Annual Plan, liaising closely with the Director of financial management information and Analysis and maintaining consistency with the Trust's detailed budget setting process.
- To ensure that systems are in place to monitor trends and identify any changes in income trends.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must possess the followign experience:
· Accounting skills including being able to identify, articulate and evaluate key risks and assumptions in reaching conclusions
- Income experience
· Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate to all levels of non-finance staff across the organisation.
· Ablility to work appropriately with confidential and sensitive patient level information and to manage that information in accordance with the Trust's information policy, national guidance and governing legislation.
· Ability to analyse, interpret, and utilize complex information for reporting, forecasting, costing and planning purposes.
· Microsoft Office skills including advanced Excel
· Demonstrate ability to examine Contract data in order to identify important changes and make recommendations and solve problems.
· Attention to detail
· Builds and maintains high levels of integrity amongst Senior Managers, clinicians and colleagues.
· Managing own workload and priorities and able to work to tight deadlines
· Understanding of good financial governance.
What's on Offer
An exciting opportunity to start in an immediate start interim role with a competitive salary and the opportunity to go permanent.