£32,000 - £38,000
12 month Fixed-Term contract
Are you immediately available?
About Our Client
Our client is a large school site based in Bedford
- Direct the work of the Assistant manager and Cleaning Supervisors ensuring all areas are cleaned to the required standard.
- Recruit, induct and development Cleaning Supervisors and cleaning operatives. This will include conducting annual appraisals; conducting weekly team briefs and fortnightly 1:1 meetings as well as performance management.
- Monitor cleaning budget and identify efficiency savings.
- Responsible for contract compliance through conducting monthly audits using Ecat tool and providing monthly updates to the account manager and client on performance.
- Ensure compliance to health and safety legislation to develop a safety conscious culture.
- Establish strong working relationship with client to raise profile and develop new business opportunities.
- Enforce relevant statutory and company health and safety compliance on site, including maintenance of cleaning equipment, waste disposal, M & E PPM, accident & near miss reporting.
- Provide a Termly Report in preparation for the Client meeting to include review of training, health and safety and team developments.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Labour, consumables, chemicals and cleaning materials will be controlled in line with agreed budget each month.
- Staff performance will be managed, regular feedback will be giving and output measured.
- Staff will be fully trained and engaged.
- Client expectations will be exceeded and 'Clients for Life' process will be implemented on site(s).
- Cleaning standards will be delivered in line with contract, or exceeded.
- Work processes will be improved continuously to ensure efficient service delivery
- Robust and transparent accounting procedures will be maintained.
- The working environment will be safe and staff will have the necessary equipment to carry out their duties environment
- Green Safeguard audits
- New business opportunities will be identified
- There will be close support provided to Account Manager with unit budget and forecast (as and when required.
- Carry out weekly and monthly consumable stock takes.
- High performing survey results.
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience of managing and leading large and diverse teams
- Think strategically & ability to solve problems and implement appropriate actions
- Previous experience of working in standards driven/compliance environment
- Strong knowledge of health and safety and COSHH regulations
- Ability to prioritise and deploy resources effectively
- Previous experience of conducting audits and undertaking risk assessments
- Client relationship/stakeholder experience
- Awareness of quality management systems e.g.ISO
- Influencing & negotiating skills
- Audit compliance with external auditors
- Contract/FM experience
- IOSH/NEBOSH/FM qualification
- British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICS) qualified
- Knowledge of external cleaning developments and innovations.
What's on Offer
This is for a 1 year FTC to start ASAP