- My client in Southampton is looking for Bookkeeper.
- Excellent salary and benefits package to the successful candidate.
About Our Client
My client is a medium sized business accountancy firm, who work from stunning offices in Southampton.
- Double entry bookkeeping including bank reconciliation of clients' accounts mainly through Xero
- Extraction of data from e-commerce platforms
- Preparation of P&L accounts and balance sheets on a timely and accurate manner
- Managing, organising and updating relevant data using database applications
- Communicating and liaising (verbally and in writing) with local and overseas clients / visitors / enquirers and colleagues
- Interpreting and responding clearly and effectively to requests over the phone, in writing or in person, and to verbal or written instructions
- Preparation of depreciation, accruals, prepayments, journals and any other relevant adjustments
- Producing reports for clients for approval
- Helping to prepare company accounts and sole trader accounts
- VAT registrations
- Completion and review of VAT returns & Intrastat reporting
- Preparation of CIS reports
- Adhering to proper accounting standards
- Meeting deadlines and time targets
- Advising managers of any outstanding issues
- Maintaining a full and accurate audit trail by filing and referencing documents
The Successful Applicant
The right candidate will have worked in a previous Bookkeeper role, have strong interpersonal skills and exposure to Xero would be beneficial.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and benefits package to the successful candidate.