BMS Engineer - Maintenance
Applicants MUST be an experienced BMS Engineer
Applicants MUST have experience with both Johnson and Trend BMS
About Our Client
The client is a leading FM Service provider looking to add a BMS Maintenance Engineer to their team in Bedford. Applicants will ideally have experience with Johnson building management systems.
Reporting directly to the Contracts Manager, you will be expected to take full responsibility for the building maintenance systems across the campus. As part of this role, you will be required to work a rotating shift pattern Monday-Friday (7am-3.30pm and 09.30am -6pm) but take a flexible approach depending on site demand and needs. You will complete a variety of tasks related to this role to ensure the continued smooth operation of the clients' site.
About the role
- Carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance and complete the appropriate paperwork and reports.
- Carrying out Reactive and emergency breakdown tasks and complete the associated paperwork.
- Being on a call out rota to provide the client with full out of hours cover. One week in five.
- Assisting other team members when required or as directed from the Contracts Manager.
- Attend client meetings as necessary and have valued input into the University's BMS systems moving forward.
- Ensuring that all tasks are completed within the contractual time scales and that KPIs are met.
- Proactively reduce energy consumption on site assisting the University to achieve its 5% reduction target, year on year.
- Overseeing and working closely with our BMS sub-contractor who attends site two days a week.
- Adopting a flexible attitude in relation to assisting the Contract Manager and other team members.
- Carrying out all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Understanding and completing all work related documentation accurately and on time.
- Carrying out work in a safe and diligent manner.
- Complying with all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required.
The Successful Applicant
Successful candidate criteria:
Qualified to City & Guilds Level II/III or equivalent in relevant disciplines to role of BMS engineer
- Have extensive knowledge of both Trend and Johnson Metasys BMS systems
- Experience of electrical/mechanical maintenance, testing & fault finding on a variety of equipment including heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
- Experience of working within static role desirable.
- An understanding of Service Level Agreements (SLA's), service targets and objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and safe working practices.
- Strong customer care focus.
- Good communication skills.
- Proactive approach.
- Able to anticipate and/or diagnose and repair faults.
- Capable of completing essential paperwork in accurate and timely manner.
What's on Offer
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, our client provides continued learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.