Award Winning Healthcare Organisation
Billings Officer role with training and development
About Our Client
You will be working within the commercial division of one of the largest hospitals in London. This post is within Private Patients Finance which supports the day to day financial operations of the client. This prestigious organisation constantly wins the award for best place to work for staff satisfaction.
Your key responsibilities as a Billings officer will include:
- Attend regular meetings with the managers and staff of the Private Patients unit and other departments as appropriate to exchange information about management of debts.
- Answer telephone and written queries from debtors and purchasers. Provide information as appropriate to secure payment for the Trust (e.g. invoice copies, details of charges). Dealing assertively but politely with debtors when pursuing payment of invoices.
- A flexible approach to work is required to accommodate tight deadlines and other team requirements including cover and rotation across Private Patients Finance.
- To perform any 'ad hoc' duties/projects required by the line manager;
- Assist the internal and external auditors with their queries as and when required.
- Flexible shift patterns as required to meet service objectives.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Accountancy qualification AAT Intermediate / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification or experience
Previous experience of working in a customer facing role.
Ability to handle politely, but firmly, difficult situations regarding non-payment or errors with debtors
Experience of working with Computerised Accounting Packages
Knowledge of book keeping in the context of sales ledger
What's on Offer
As a Billings Officer in this private patient finance department you will be rewarded with:
- Temp to perm opportunity
- Training and development
- 24-28k equivalent salary