Band 6 NHS Management Accountant
Our client is seeking a Band 6 NHS Management Accountant
For an immediate start role based in London
About Our Client
The client is an NHS organisation based in London and the role will sit within the Financial Management team.
The Band 6 NHS Management Accountant role requires the candidate to:
- Income and Expenditure
- Variance Analysis
- Integration of non-financial (manpower and activity) information
- Narrative and audit trail reports
- Accurately prepare any specific internal & external recharges, accruals and amendment journals for processing by the Financial Management Transaction Officers.
- Maintain and contribute to the development of detailed standard operating procedure notes in relation to the month end duties you undertake.
- Provide training and advice to budget holders and other finance colleagues regarding financial management issues arising out of variance and other ad hoc analysis.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must have the following experience:
- Experience of working in an NHS accounting department including experience in a management accounting role.
- Experience of using General ledger and financial reporting software packages.
- Budgeting and financial planning
- Costing and pricing
- Variance analysis and financial reporting
- The purpose of accounting accruals and provisions
- Relationships between the balance sheet, revenue accounts and cash flow statements
What's on Offer
The candidate will offer the candidate an immediate start role and a temporary to permanent contract.