Assistant Payroll Administrator / Trainee
£21,000 - £24,000
A comprehensive Benefits Package
Opportunity to work alongside experienced Payroll Staff.
About Our Client
FTSE 250 Organisation with Seven Operating Regions throughout the UK.
- Ensure all joiner and leaver processes are completed to deadline
- Communicate new employee key information to all new employees
- Ensure accuracy of employee details and absence entitlement on the Payroll / HR System
- Monitor and communicate leave taken by employees to accurately report to the business, ensuring compliance to HMRC guidelines and Company Policy
- Calculation of annual leave due for payment or deduction for all leavers from the business
- Enter all variable input for Monthly employees, including, extra hours, Commission etc.
- Assist with checking and reconciling monthly input as required
- First point of call for all self-service enquiries
- Monitor sickness absence return dates and self-certificate returns and adjust pay where necessary
- Enter/oversee entry of all 'Other' absences on HR System, including but not limited to TA leave, Emergency Dependent Leave, Unpaid Holiday, Jury Service etc.
- Monitor, respond to, action or distribute all enquiries sent to the Payroll Department, including but not limited to: PAYE calculation enquiries and employee benefit enquiries
- Assist in preparation, checking and distribution of all bulk mail outs
- Ad Hoc tasks where required
The Successful Applicant
- Ideally you will have gained some exposure to working within a Payroll department.
- Basic understanding of Payroll Legislation
- Confident system user (SelectHR/Zellis Arinso/COINS beneficial)
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary and Benefits