- Impressive business offering long term career development opportunities
- Study support available for successful individual
About Our Client
Our client is a highly reputable company with aggressive growth plans for the coming years and they are looking for someone to join their team and be a part of the growth of this business.
The Assistant Management Accountant will have a wide range of duties including:
- Assisting the FC with the production of the monthly management accounts, working to a strict timetable to meet Group reporting deadlines, and ensuring balance sheet accounts are reconciled and P&L variances explained.
- Assist the FC with annual budgets and regular forecasts.
- Contribute to the year-end audit deliverables in a timely manner, meeting the required audit deadlines.
- Aid in the preparation of the Financial Statements, record maintenance and administration.
- Preparation of daily and weekly sales and margin reports.
- Stock analysis and control, including but not limited to, margin analysis and reason, location and product analysis / supervision including stock count control.
- Development and proposals for process improvements.
- Create and provide training documentation for other stock users within the Company including liaison and guidance for showrooms.
- Overseeing PI stock counts across the business including showroom counts, and liaising with auditors.
Other Ad-hoc tasks (not exhaustive)
- Bank reconciliations, payments and refunds, for the head office and the sites.
- Support and cover for AP, AR and banking functions within the finance team.
- Weekly cashflow assistance.
- On hand to help with any system developments and testing that may be applied.
- Assistance with Company-wide projects to accommodate required business strategy changes.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Assistant Management Accountant will have:
- A sound knowledge of Finance with experience in a previous accounting role, ideally with a strong understanding of double entry booking, PnL and the balance sheet.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and highly organised. The capability to deliver accurate information on a timely basis, with limited supervision.
- The ability to understand, scrutinise and problem solve.
- A good listener, possessing a high degree of sensitivity combined with the faculty to be objective.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office and in particular Excel.
- Ideally be studying for the ACCA/CIMA.
- Experience of working in a multi-site business is preferable.
What's on Offer
The salary on offer is between £28,000 and £32,000 dependent upon experience and level of qualification.