- Excellent Benefits
- Hybrid Working
About Our Client
An excellent opportunity for an Assistant Management Accountant to work with a leading organisation on an FTC Maternity contract for 1 year.
To support the Financial Controller with:
- preparing accurate weekly and monthly management accounts
- maintain month end accounting schedules, procedures and supporting documentation
- ensure all accounting ledgers are maintained and accurate
- cash-flow management and forecasting: ensure accurate supplier and salary payments as well as customer remittances
- Manage company overheads and hold budget holders to account
- Improve cost saving activities with an ongoing drive to efficiency to provide financial support to other operational teams, as required
Preparing all month-end working schedules including fixed asset register, prepayments, accruals, customer rebates etc
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and ensuring appropriate supporting documentation is available
- Ensure that comparatives to budget and prior year is accurate and variances are properly explained
- Control of overheads and detailed reporting to budget holders
- Reporting: weekly flash reports (especially labour costs) to the Leadership team on the company's current financial position; monthly Board reports in Powerpoint
Support agency staff costing schedules and labour analysis;
- Year end audits and budget preparation
- Support the Finance function during year end statutory audits and half yearly bank audits.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and re-forecasting.
- Company Initiatives and Compliance
The Successful Applicant
- AAT Qualified, Part Qualified CIMA / ACCA
- Attention to detail and analytical skills. Accustomed to working with and interpreting data.
- Demonstration of strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven Time Management skills: Accustomed to working with and meeting time critical deadlines
- Resilient, problem solving, flexible, reliable, honest.
- Experience working in an FMCG sector or in an industry focused on gross margins would be beneficial
- Must have a keen interest in Microsoft applications:
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and benefits package