Assistant Customer Relations Manager (Independent Living)
Excellent Opportunity with a Leading Social Housing Association
Permanent Opportunity in Bracknell
About Our Client
Silva Homes is a vibrant, confident and independent leading social housing association with ambitious plans, backed by strong finances and excellent colleagues. Established in 2008 as a stock transfer association, Silva Homes have added 800 homes to their property portfolio, and are continuing to significantly invest in and improve, their homes and services to customers.
- You will be responsible for the effective management of approximately half of our designated schemes for customers over the age of 55 ensuring service design and delivery is shaped to support customers to live as independently as possible.
- You will deputise for the customer relations manager (independent living).
- You will work collaboratively with other teams, to deliver our strategic objectives as a business.
- You will work collaboratively with the lead asset partner (planned works) to ensure that schemes are kept to modern standards and meet the changing needs of our older customer base.
- You will work collaboratively with the area teams and encourage scheme managers to work with local customer relations partners on lettings, voids, income and tenancy management issues.
- You will lead and support the development of good working relationships with local authority partners (particularly in housing and adult social care) as well as health, care and support agencies and groups active in our operating area.
- You will either:
- manage the handyperson service ensuring that older and disabled people living in our homes, with no viable options for friends or family support, can access the service to help them sustain their tenancies and live as independently as possible.
- manage the catering team to ensure that the catering service is delivered across the relevant scheme
- You and your team will manage an incentive scheme to encourage under-occupying older people to downsize to smaller accommodation in line with agreed policy
- You will ensure that your team are fully aware of their safeguarding responsibilities and direct referrals to the tenancy team and/ or other appropriate authority
- You and your team will work with the health and safety compliance manager to ensure that all risk assessments are in place and owned by the team; that all colleagues are properly trained; scheme inspections/tests are carried out; and actions progressed to address any issues identified
- You will manage and support the digitalisation of services within the independent living team and customers living in our schemes and look at ways to improve the customer experience
- You will ensure that the independent living team operates in line with key policies and procedures particularly those relating to health and safety and data protection
- You will manage and support the relevant budgets within independent living
- You will positively support activities that help promote our new culture and behaviours.
- You will manage and oversee the health and well-being activities programme in your schemes.
- You are available to work out of office hours, weekends and bank holidays to meet the needs of the service, and cover at other independent living schemes when requested
The Successful Applicant
- Very high customer service ethic
- Excellent understanding of the needs and service requirements of older and other vulnerable people
- Decisive problem solver and decision maker
- Strong management and coaching skills
- Ability to build excellent internal and external relationships
- Works with high levels of integrity, confidentiality and respect
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good IT skills and understanding of how digital services can help improve the customer experience
- Well organised, self-disciplined
- Flexible and willing to adapt to change
Qualifications and other requirements
- Relevant qualifications either NVQ or CIH (full or working towards)
- Experience at supervisory level in customer-focused service
- Driving license and vehicle
What's on Offer
Silva provide a wide range of benefits that help them invest in colleagues and their aspirations, to support them to work in the way they want and that makes sure Silva recognise, reward and look after everyone. They are also constantly reviewing this and looking at ways to improve our offer.
Investing in you
* A strong established pension scheme with employer contributions up to 12%
* Support to gain new skills to be at your best
* Investment in qualifications that will help you to develop in your role
* Payment of professional fees and subscriptions
* Uniforms, tools and vehicles for accredited people in trades and supportive housing areas
* Digital devices to help you work where you need to, because we know work and life extends beyond the office
* Free office parking
* Paid volunteering opportunities
* A competitive market salary
* Recognition awards
Looking after you
* A generous leave entitlement
* A rewarding buy and sell leave scheme
* A comprehensive employee assistance programme to provide confidential advice when you need it
* Flu jab vouchers
* Eye care and spectacle vouchers
* Access to various health and wellbeing activities
* Discounted gym membership option
* Health cash back plan option
Please note closing date for applications is Tuesday 18th February 2020