About Our Client
The company, still very much in a growth phase. Experts in their service they plan to grow the business above and beyond where it is now. They are now looking to strengthen their team with a like minded individual who can improve the processes and procedures of the accounts department to facilitate further growth.
In this role candidate's duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Producing monthly accounts to trial balance
- Maintaining the purchase and sales ledger
- Bank reconciliations
- Process payroll
- Dealing with any supplier queries
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- VAT returns
- Processing of journals, accruals and prepayments
- Managing business cashflow
- Ad hoc duties
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Proven experience in a bookkeeping role is essential (at least two years)
- AAT or equivalent accounting background
- Working knowledge of SAGE software (ideally Sage 50)
- Good computer literacy, in particular, Microsoft Excel, Word.
- Problem solving abilities and willingness to use your own initiative to drive improvements in processes
What's on Offer
The position of Assistant Accountant/Bookkeeper will offer a competitive salary dependent on experience. The organisation is based in Edinburgh.