- Well established growing business with parking on site
- Great opportunity for someone studying AAT/ACCA/CIMA
About Our Client
Our client is a well established Banbury employer who is seeking to add to their current Finance team. They work in a stable industry and are currently all working in the office 5 days a week, 8.30-5.30pm.It's an exciting time to join the business as they are growing across the UK and Ireland, please apply now!
The Assistant Accountant will be a varied role with duties including:
- Purchase ledger - processing and matching of purchase invoices to purchase orders, processing of overhead costs including employee expense claims, reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Sales ledger - credit control management, liaising with customers directly as required to recover monies owed.
- Prepare weekly payment run to suppliers for Finance Manager to authorise.
- Be proactive to improve the systems and processes
- Liaising with customers and suppliers as required to and ensure swift resolution of any issues.
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assisting with year end audit
- Maintain the fixed asset register and monthly depreciation
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintain accruals and prepayment schedules
Additional duties as required by the Finance Manager to ensure the smooth running of the Finance Team, including providing cover for accounts colleagues.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Assistant Accountant will need to be a dedicated individual with a real eye for detail and a passion for accuracy. To be considered for this position you will require the following skills and experience:
- Strong organisational skills - you'll be able to manage a demanding workload and consistently produce high quality work.
- Ambitious and driven - you'll be eager to learn more about the finance function, and our products and services to develop your role and maximise your impact within the business as it grows.
- Great communication - you'll be working within a team of people committed to accuracy, even under pressures of tight deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills - you'll need a high level of working knowledge of Sage 200. You'll be able to use Microsoft Excel to an intermediate / advanced level.
- Previous finance experience - you'll already have experience of working within sales and purchase ledger and assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts and year end accounts, ideally with 3 years or more experience in a similar role / roles.
- AAT qualified, part qualified, qualified by experience or similar would be advantageous.
What's on Offer
The salary on offer is between £25,000 and £30,000 dependent upon experience, plus a benefits package.