Fund Administration - Private Equity & Real Estate
About Our Client
A recognised, global Financial Services firm specialising in fund administration within Real Estate & Private Equity. This role sits within their large finance function in their ideally located, impressive Central London office. The role offers rapid progression through a finance function with a clear structure in a supportive environment.
Duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant:
- Ensuring that all permanent files are adequately maintained for existing customers and new customers for the real estate customers.
- Preparing bank reconciliations for all client accounts.
- Updating the financial system for all transaction related activity including the recording of cash transactions, purchase and sales invoices, accruals and prepayments and investment transactions.
- Preparation and amendment of management accounts produced by the team.
- Administration work including the preparation of call notices and dealing with new applications for subscription into client funds.
The Successful Applicant
Technical Knowledge / Skills required of the Assistant Accountant:
- Strong educational background; minimum 2:1 Degree qualification. Preferably A-C at A-Level too. The client will also consider candidates with strong A-Level grades (A-B) who then went straight into work and preferably also studied AAT.
- Knowledge or previous experience of double-entry bookkeeping would be advantageous as the process involves a basic test around this. Candidates who have worked in practice before or worked with a portfolio of client accounts tend to do well.
- Studying or looking to begin professional accountancy studies (ACCA/CIMA)
- Interest or previous experience in reporting and other accounting challenges faced by private equity and real estate firms (our clients).
- Ability to draft reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence.
- The individual must have excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- Numeracy and good written skills.
- Prior experience of accounting packages would be advantageous.
What's on Offer
Looking to pay up to £27,000 with a very comprehensive package which includes full study support from day one. Other benefits on offer include:
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Private healthcare
- Gym discounts
- 24 days annual leave, excluding bank holidays (Manager level receive 25 days, Head of Department receive 27
- 5% pension contribution