Advanced Administrative and Secretarial Officer
Full time, permanent administrative role
based Edinburgh city centre
About Our Client
* Provide full secretariat support to governance and identified advisory committees and other smaller committees/groups as required.
* Provide full administrative support to agreed committees including, but not limited to: liaison with committee members, planning of annual meetings calendar, maintenance of database records, arrangement of meetings, preparation of agendas, collating and issuing necessary paperwork, minute-taking, monitoring and follow up of actions and associated activities.
* Provide full support, as required, to the work of various board members.
* Ensure mechanisms are in place to recruit and, where necessary, elect committee members and administer the related recruitment processes as required.
* Ensure accurate digital and hardcopy filing and archiving procedures are in place and that all records are maintained in accordance with organisational protocol and in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations requirements.
* Monitor and collate data regarding activity for committees.
* Maintain the appropriate sections of the website and members database as required.
* Provide administrative support to related groups and meetings as required.
The Successful Applicant
* Educated to HND level or equivalent.
* Experience of committee administration and planning essential.
* Experience of providing varied and complex administrative support essential.
* Experience of working under own initiative, multi-tasking and setting own deadlines desirable.
* Experience of working in a membership organisation desirable.
* Experience of working in a busy office environment to tight deadlines desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
* Proven written and oral communication skills with personnel at all levels.
* Excellent minute taking skills essential.
* Excellent customer relations and team working skills essential.
* Excellent time-management skills with the ability to meet competing deadlines essential.
* Strong experience and detailed knowledge of MS Office software essential.
* Very high standards of attention to detail in all written material essential.
* Flexible and friendly attitude essential.
* Willingness to work outside normal hours (approximately seven Saturdays annually and very occasional evening events) essential.
* Willingness to undertake occasional travel essential.
What's on Offer
opportunity for training and development