Accounts Payable Coordinator
Fast growing UK business
Offering study support if desired
About Our Client
Our client is part of a global group with strong investment in the UK part of the business. The UK arm has experienced rapid growth over the last few years and is continuing to expand. Based in offices outside of Abingdon, you will require your own transport to get there.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Assisting a busy accounts department to maintain and manage the accounts payable ledger. You will be part of a dynamic fast-paced accounts team reporting to the account's manager and UK Financial Controller.
Job Responsibilities :
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Monitors & maintains the Accounts Payable mailbox
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying purchase orders, scheduling and preparing payments, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Oversee the PO process and resolve queries thereby maintaining the Purchase Order report
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Processes & uploads payments for approval to head office
- Returned payment reconciliation
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Process month end bank postings journal
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Processing purchase invoices and obtaining authorisation
- Producing supplier payment runs (in line with payment terms)
- Company credit card reconciliation
- Maintains historical records by scanning, archiving and filing documents.
- Reports VAT by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Accounts Payable Coordinator will have proven experience in an Accounts Payable role and be willing to work hard in a team environment to get the job done!
The individual must have a professional work ethic, strong organisational skills alongside the desire to continue to learn in a team environment.
What's on Offer
The salary on offer is £23,000 - £25,000 dependent upon previous experience and level of qualification.