Accounts Payable Controller
Varied and intresting role
About Our Client
Our client a Market Leading, International Technology business is currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Controller to join the team in Send near Woking, Surrey. Due to location its better if you're a driver as not based close to a train station
As an Accounts Payable Controller based in the Send near Woking, Surrey office you will be responsible for:
- You wont be managing anyone but will be responsible for the day to day running of the purchase ledger function
- To ensure the integrity of the purchase ledger in various currencies including GBP, Euro, US Dollar and Yen
- Responsible for month end processing and the revaluation of foreign transactions
- To set up new supplier accounts in the accounting system
- To ensure all purchase order invoices are matched and posted against the relevant purchase orders on receipt of goods
- To resolve all queries with the suppliers and the Purchasing Department and ensure prompt resolution of queries related to rejected goods
- To process overhead invoices directly into the system ensuring the correct coding to support cost centre reporting and liaise with other departments to ensure all invoices are signed off in a timely manner and in accordance with agreed authorisation limits
- To ensure the timely processing and payment of our overseas staff, our overseas offices and supplier invoices including fortnightly BACS run and processing of foreign payments through our online banking system
- To post manual payments and allocate against suppliers accounts
- To ensure suppliers statements are reconciled on a regular basis
- To agree intercompany balances with each Branch and Subsidiary at each month
- To accrue for late invoices and Goods Received not yet Invoiced
- To reconcile the China bank statement against payments made
- To assist updating the Fixed Asset Register
- Prepayments, accruals and assist with VAT return.
- To assist with the preparation of the Audit File
The Successful Applicant
- Strong Accounts Payable experience ideally in Multi-Currency
- Ideally experience in Accruals, Prepayments
- Good communications skills are essential as the candidate will be required to liaise with senior staff within the company, and staff in our Overseas Branches.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A flexible, hands-on approach is required in order to cover a variety of finance roles within the department when necessary.
- Self starter with a proactive approach.
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of a menu driven accounts package such as SAP. ORACLE would be an advantage but training will be given on the clients accounting system.
What's on Offer
- Salary £26,000 - £28,000 plus 5% bonus, potentially could pay slightly higher but can't guarantee
- Bonus guaranteed of 5% of basic salary payable monthly but percentage could be higher
- Daily office hours are 09.00-1715 Monday to Thursday, Friday 09.00-1700hrs, with one hour for lunch.
- Aviva Company private pension scheme, in line with Government Auto Enrolment legislation guidelines
- Non-contributory private medical insurance (BUPA) and life insurance (Death in Service, equivalent to 2 years' basic salary) - both after 6 months satisfactory service
- 22 days holiday per annum, rising to 23 and then 24 after two full calendar years, plus Bank Holidays
- Free on-site parking