- Hybrid role with one day in the Thame office a week
- Stable and growing industry
About Our Client
Our is a well established business in Thame, part of a larger group that is continuing to grow and offer career development opportunities.
The Accounts Payable Accountant - Subcontractor & Cash will:
- Make electronic transfers and payments, reconcile bank statements, update cash forecast
- Prepare analysis of subcontractor accounts, monitor them and ensure they are correct and up-to-date, assist in month end reporting and post transactions to numerous systems
- Be required to correspond with labour providers and various internal stakeholders, including researching and effectively resolving invoice discrepancies and issues
- Assist with month end journals relating to subcontractors
- Control over recruitment of subcontractors
- Produce monthly report for the SLT also provide supporting documentation for audits
- Provide support to the wider Finance Team and other relevant teams across the group
- Ensure bank accounts are reconciled on Dimensions daily for the previous working day.
- Update cashflow based on banking transactions that have been reconciled.
- Review and confirm forward cashflow forecast (6mths) for payables (to include VAT, Corp Tax and PAYE).
- Processing supplier/payroll/faster payments requests on the banks systems.
- Processing agency and sub-contractor invoices/credit notes following the agreed processes. This will require regular contact with the depots/group companies.
- Preparing and posting subcontractor accrual journals.
- Processing indirect employees onto People Planner.
- Preparing and circulating monthly shift report.
- Any other suitable duties as per management request to support the wider Finance team or wider teams.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Accounts Payable Accountant will be:
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software. Especially Microsoft Excel, and accounting systems
- Previous demonstrable, practical relevant experience in a finance, that required regular reporting.
- Good Communicator and Team Worker. Outgoing and comfortable on the phone.
- Highly motivated and able to work under their own initiative.
- Persistent, resilient, organised, flexible, and pragmatic.
- Solid grasp of double entry book-keeping and basic accounting principles.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive with a strong personality who can work towards tight deadlines
The individual must also be comfortable working from home, as they are currently working from home 4-5 days a week.
What's on Offer
The salary on offer is between £25,000 and £30,000 dependent upon experience.