- Exciting opportunity with high end retail compay
- Looking for immediately available candidate
About Our Client
A fast growing, family owned brand distributing to 70 countries across the world, and offices in New York, London, Paris, Mexico City, Deventer (Netherlands), and Hong Kong. Ten years expertise of creating high-end sustainable products, based in the West End.
The successful Accounts Assistant will be:
- Posting accounts receivable receipts (received direct into bank and via card payment over the telephone);
- Maintaining customer accounts and ensuring receipts and credit notes are fully matched to invoices
- Coding and posting supplier invoices and also payments to the supplier accounts
- Processing cash expense claims ensuring all supporting receipt and vouchers are received and checked
- Processing and posting credit card expenditure and ensuring all applicable receipt and vouchers have been received from all cardholders and any necessary reclaimable input VAT is identified
- Preparation of the weekly bank account and PDQ receipts reconciliations
- Independent preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Prepare and submit monthly EC Sales Lists and Intrastat filings
- Assisting with the maintenance of education allowances accruing to qualifying customers
- Assisting with any adhoc tasks in connection with monthly internal reporting for submission to HQ in Italy as well as the annual statutory audit
- Assist the financial controller on an occasional basis with queries from customers and on any projects
- Where the need arises or cover is required, assisting the Customer Care team in dealing with customer queries.
The candidate will report to the financial controller.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Accounts Assistant will have/be:
- 2-3 years of accounting experience; can be equivalent combination of education and on the job experience. Educated to degree level, or equivalent work experience;
- Knowledge of accounting systems and procedures preferably SAGE ERP X3, Diapason 6;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management
- Attention to detail and must be more proactive than reactive
- Proficiency in MS Office and in particular Excel (VLOOKUP's, Pivot tables)
- Enthusiastic and committed attitude to achieving both individual and organisational goals, demonstrating a clear understanding of business model;
- A quick learner, with a calm & measured disposition;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and a clear communicator.
What's on Offer
The successful Accounts Assistant will:Successful candidates will receive a salary of £16-18 p/h
Potential for role to become permanent
Opportunity to work in a growing, ethical company.