- Great company with brilliant working environment
- Varied role supporting the FC
About Our Client
This is an incredibly well established business with a brilliant working environment, alongside an interesting and varied role. They are based in a rural location so access to your own transport is essential, you will be based in the office for 5 days a week, however the benefits and working environment for this Accounts Assistant role are exceptional and make this a worthwhile balance.
The Key aspects of the Thatcham based Accounts Assistant will be to:
To lead on a number of accounting areas under the guidance of the Head of Financial Operations
* To lead on a range of reconciliations, including purchasing cards (monthly), petty cash (weekly), intercompany accounts (monthly), suspense accounts (monthly), bank (daily) and to proactively resolve any issues.
* Monthly accruals and prepayments
* Oversee the management of chargeable events and activities, reviewing for completeness and accuracy, overseeing project budgets (e.g. major residential trips) and recording journals accordingly.
* Ensure timely completion of all other reconciliations and month end processes, ensuring all nominal ledgers agree with the Financial Accounting system.
* Monitor all funds raised, liaising with other departments, keeping records and ensuring funds are passed to the appropriate charities
* To review the finance systems and services and recommend improvements and efficiencies
* Undertake a range of operational finance tasks including Nominal Ledger
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Accounts Assistant will be someone who has worked in a transactional finance environment for a number of years and feels confident working in a senior capacity.
You must be able to show a detail orientated approach whilst also being able to work as part of a busy and efficient team.
What's on Offer
On offer to the Accounts Assistant will be:
- 25 days holiday
- On site meals
- Generous pension entitlement
- Company discounts
- Salary of £28,000 to £30,000