A permanent graduate finance position offering excellent career development
A varied accounting role offering full training and support
About Our Client
My client is a very successful, medium sized organisation within the manufacturing and production sector.
The company have a close kit finance function that works well as a team and is looking for a new person to join them on a permanent basis, developing their finance and accounting career with full support from management and your team.
The main duties for the Accounts Assistant position will develop over time.You will be expected to start learning the clerical duties of the position, develop your understanding of processes and procedures, working your way up and taking on more duties and responsibilities as you become self sufficient in your initial tasks.
Eventually the role will include duties such as:
- Transactional finance duties (purchase and sales ledger, credit control)
- Cash posting
- Calculating commissions and rebates
- Monthly cash-flow
- Assisting in the quarterly forecast
- Producing sales reports in excel
- Control account reconciliations - bank, debtors etc.
- Producing debtor reports
- Production of management accounts for up to 3 subsidiaries within the group
This is an ideal role for someone who wants to become a versatile and experienced all-round accounts person. My client wants to train someone up to this level.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Accounts Assistant position will have some form of experience in accounts duties and is looking to develop this exposure further. Perhaps a years placement during your studies or experience under your belt in an entry level role and now seeking further exposure in other duties.
You will need to be:
- Willing to learn by starting at the bottom in a hands on accounting position
- Happy to go the extra mile
- Use initiative to problem solve
- Confident to communicate with others and ask questions
- A team player who can work well with others and support them in their role
- Foreign language skills would be advantageous but not essential (French or German)
What's on Offer
- Permanent job opportunity
- Career development
- Varied accounting exposure