About Our Client
A global financial services firm working in asset management of infrastructure, real estate and sustainable energy projects. This role sits in the ideally located Central London offices.
Key role responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant:
- Ownership for a number of legal entities with the corporate structure including preparation of fully quarterly working papers and trial balance for reporting into Group within required timeframe (full balance sheet and P&L reconciliations)
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts under FRS 102 within tight timeframe
- Liaising with auditors and dealing with queries that arise to ensure smooth year end audit
- Ensuring XBRL tagging of statutory accounts provided to tax consultant
- Ensure intercompany interest is posted on monthly basis and agrees to counterparty
- Exposure to VAT returns
- Assisting on the review/approval of staff expenses
- Bank reconciliation and cashbook analysis
- Providing support and guidance where necessary to Accounts Assistant
- Assisting FC and other team members with ad hoc tasks/projects as necessary (eg new bank account opening, assisting on checking on group reporting pack)
The Successful Applicant
Key skills required
- Part-qualified (ACCA/CIMA) and working towards completion of the accountancy qualification.
- Strong academic background; 2:1 degree educated with A-C at A-Level preferably. Will also consider A-Level leavers with A-C.
- Practical experience and confident in performing the above duties. The interview process will involve a brief accountancy test based around the responsibilities and core accountancy knowledge so suitable candidates must be confident in passing this.
- Well organised and methodical
- Ability to work well to deadlines and manage own time
- Able to juggle multiple business unit reporting responsibilities
- Good team player
- Good communication skills
- Experience of SUN accounting software beneficial but not essential
What's on Offer
Looking to pay up to £35,000 with a comprehensive benefits package.