This is a newly created position working with a section of the University
This position can be chnaged and moulded to the right candidates needs
About Our Client
Based in the heart of Oxford and being a huge and well known part of the University this business is currently looking to grow and adapt their finance function to suit their current needs. They are known for being an extremely good employer who retain their staff tremendously well so the fact they are currently restructuring has opened up a highly sought after position!
The key responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant are as follows
- Sales Ledger: computerised accounts including functions, conference and guest room accounts. To reconcile all functions and conference income on a monthly basis
- Maintaining the department's thirty-day credit control timetable for sales ledger (including tourism)
- Internet banking & PDQ
- Cash book including handling cash and cheques; collection of battels by direct debit.
- Bank reconciliations; preparing cash flow figures.
- Petty cash.
- To assist the C&E team with the Kinetics financial configuration.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role. General office duties are shared amongst all staff: these include assisting with administration at occasional degree days and major college events and dealing with enquiries from members and others visiting the office, over the telephone and by e-mail.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Accounts Assistant will have some relevant experience working within a finance team and are keen to take the next step in the career into the education environment.
What's on Offer
On offer for the successful Accounts Assistant is a salary of circa £22,000 to £25,000 as well as an attractive benefits package which includes 25 days annual leave, free lunches and an very attractive pension scheme.