- Lead a new Student Journey Team
- work remotely in a busy and diverse role
About Our Client
The University of Law (ULaw) is one of the world's largest law schools. With an impressive history dating back to 1876, we employ over 900 staff and have over 14,000 students studying on our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, along with an alumni network in excess of 100,000.
The key responsibilities of the Student Journey Team Leader will be to:
· Act as first point of contact for your allocated students, providing advice, support and guidance, identifying solutions and options to ensure student retention and success.
· Act as an escalation point and team leader for the Student Journey Advisors for matters that need to be resolved.
· Proactively welcome students, lead induction and orientation activities.
· Be motivated in the pursuit of customer service excellence, providing an exceptional level of customer service to our students, and ensuring a proactive commitment to the University's Customer Service Values
· Ensuring that the Student Journey Advisors are providing a great customer service to students and are offering a proactive, engaging, and useful service to all students via email and by phone
· Manage and train the Student Journey Advisors to provide correct, clear advice and support for student with relation to progression, retention, success including withdrawals, intermitters or transfers of studies.
· Ensure that quality in delivery of service is maintained, monitored on a regular basis and in line with the Customer Service Quality Assurance Approach. Ensure that the student journey team are being fully utilised.
· Report and analyse student attendance/engagement and progression ensuring timely interventions where required.
· Use learner analytics data to identify students at risk of failure and deliver effective intervention strategies in liaison with colleagues.
· Build strong relationships with Personal Tutors and student journey teams for the benefit of identification and exploration of emerging issues and students at risk of failure. Agree intervention strategies for individual students.
· Build strong relationships with other support departments (i.e. employability, welfare, DSIS, counselling, finance, SICA, study skills) for the benefit of the student.
· To support and engage with the University's Customer Service Strategy
The Successful Applicant
The successful Student Journey Team Leader will have:
- Experience of managing a remote team in a demanding customer service environment.
· Experience of setting and working towards SLA and KPIs
· Coaching and People Development
· Performance Management
· Experience of work in a multi-faceted role that requires you to have broad knowledge on a range of different services to recommend to customers
· Experience of managing confidential and sensitive information
· Experience of delivering high level service within an integrated and matrixed staffing model
· Experience of working in Higher Education in a student-facing role · Demonstrable experience and application of safeguarding and PREVENT policies · Delivery training or workshops (preferably in customer servce)· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent IT skills with the ability to effectively use MS Office suite (particularly Word, Excel and email)
· Experience of student records systems · Experience of Customer Management Systems · Experience of Self Service Apps
· Able to provide a high level of service, support and advice to students and staff with a polite, helpful positive attitude
· Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing and with a wide range of people.
· Ability to handle sensitive matters with confidentiality and discretion
· Able to deal calmly with difficult situations
· Able to manage own time effectively to meet tight deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
· Able to work co-operatively as part of a wider team
· Meticulous attention to detail
What's on Offer
Remote working, up to 36,000