Tax and Treasury Assistant
Cannock • Permanent • £21000 - £28000
About our client:
Finning is the No.1 provider for Caterpillar equipment for the UK and Ireland and part of Finning International Inc, the world’s largest Caterpillar heavy and general equipment dealer.
Finning (UK) Ltd is the UK division of Finning International Inc. one of the world's largest distributors of Caterpillar plant, complementary equipment and power systems. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Finning has bases in the UK and Ireland (both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland), Canada and South America (Chile, Argentina, Bolivia and Uruguay.
The organisation has continued to experience profitability and growth, with plans for this to continue across their global networks. As part of this process, and to strengthen their Finance Team service to the wider business; the business is now in the process of recruiting a Tax and Treasury Assistant.
- Assisting with the preparation of quarterly VAT returns for Finning UK including monthly Intrastat and EC Sales list returns
- Assisting with the preparation of bi monthly VAT returns for Finning Ireland including monthly Intrastat and EC Sales list returns
- Assisting with the preparation of corporation tax computations for Finning UK and Finning Ireland including gathering information and analysing tax sensitive accounts.
- Assisting Tax & Treasury Manager and Tax & Treasury Accountant with day to day tax queries, HMRC enquiries and ad hoc projects.
- Preparation of weekly cashflow reports for FII, circulation of weekly exchange rates and assisting with other Treasury procedures as required
- Assisting with month end Treasury procedures
- Assisting Import/Export controller with administrative duties.
- Accurate and timely provision of information required for the VAT, intrastat and EC Sales Lists to meet filing deadlines
- Provision of complete and accurate information for corporation tax purposes to incorporate into final computations
- Completion of month end reconciliations within timetable constraints
- Recognised accounting qualification – Minimum of AAT or Qualified by Experience
- Experience in a similar role, with a particular focus on VAT and Intrastat Reporting
- Self motivated and organised, work using own initiative with little supervision and able to make decisions.
- Able to build relationships with colleagues across all groups to effectively communicate with all levels of recipient.
- Able to manipulate Excel to an intermediate standard (Pivot Tables, V Look Ups)
- High level of attention to detail
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills
- Well organised and able to meet deadlines
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents.
What's on offer
As you would expect, the package available from Finning UK is second to none. From a salary ranging between £21,000 and £28,000 pa, plus fantastic additional benefits, this is an excellent opportunity in terms of both the role and the accompanying remuneration.