You are here
Warehouse Shift Manager
- Warehouse Shift Manager x 2 positions
- Experience within a Heavily Unionised site is Required
About Our Client
My client is a large UK organisation with a highly reputable brand name.
The Warehouse Shift Manager will be responsible for:
- Day to day management and accountability for achievement of the warehouse budget, making adjustments as required for changes in volumes and methods of work through effective management of the warehouse leadership team.
- Day to day management of all Warehouse functions so as to achieve and exceed personal objectives as agreed with line manager.
- To ensure that disciplinary and grievance procedures for all employees are exercised in accordance with agreements.
- Day to day responsibility for all health and safety matters.
- Day to day management of Warehouse operational planning.
- Day to day accountability of all site activities, ensuring that all site users and functions can work efficiently and harmoniously.
- To coach and develop Team Leaders & Operatives to improve their performance.
- To develop and maintain strong links with the all Departments on site particularly those covering the area.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Warehouse Shift Manager will have:
- Sound educational background combined with numeracy, business acumen and common sense.
- Experience of dealing with 150+ colleagues.
- Health & Safety at Work act (IOSH certificate) desirable.
- Experience within a heavily unionised site.
- IT competence.
- Financially astute with basic employment law knowledge.
- Membership of appropriate professional bodies desirable but not essential.
What's on Offer
Salary: £40k + 20% bonus & interest free car loan
Hours: 1 x Vacancy 6:00 - 14:00 (Mon-Fri), 1 x Vacancy 14:00 - 22:00 (Mon-Fri)
Excellent progression opportunities