You are here
- Warehouse Manager
- Leading 3pl - South Yorkshire
About Our Client
Leading 3PL based in South Yorkshire.
As Warehouse Manager for this leading 3pl based in West Yorkshire you will be responsible for :
- Make recruitment and hiring recommendations of direct reports and oversee all
employee training, including orientation, health and safety, technology and customer
- Promote and maintain a safe working environment to ensure adherence to site Health &
- Prepare various reports for customer materials shipped and received at the warehouse,
ensuring that all damages or problems are recorded and resolved
- Determine compliance with laws, regulations, and/or standards and complete
appropriate documentation as required
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date inventory records and ensure that inventory reports
are prepared and distributed to the customer or General Manager as required.
- Ensure stock is maintained and rotated properly and regularly
- Prepare warehouse activity reports, including KPIs, daily/weekly operations reports,
health and safety, human resources
- Ensure all material-handling equipment, structures or materials are maintained,
including regular safety inspections
- Review the warehouse operation throughout the work process and at completion,
including the daily "circle check" to ensure that all products are stored safely
- Maintain proper security and good housekeeping of both premises and stock
- Control operational costs in line with site budget and Key Performance Indicators
- Continuously monitor effectiveness of the warehouse-operations strategies aimed at
reducing operating costs, including wages, and improvement of quality-control
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with those on your team,
as well as cross-functionally.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role you must be able to clearly demonstrate the following:
- Good standard of education, preferably with recognised vocational qualification logistics or management
- People focused with the, ability to manage in a none confrontational manner, leading by example and influencing team members to achieve goals
- Resource and equipment planning
- Be comfortable managing and dealing with change
- Flexible approach to hours and role (including secondments)
- Excellent communication skills face to face, verbally and written
- Commitment to role and site objectives
- Ability to grasp new ideas, develop and implement better working practices and methods
- Always strive to improve personally and professionally
- Excellent working knowledge of HR policy and procedure, (incl. absence, conduct, disciplinary).
- PC literate (MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent working knowledge of warehouse management systems and associated infrastructure.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered a salary of up to £32,000 depending on experience as well as an additional competitive benefit package and scope for progression.