You are here
Warehouse Manager- Retail Company
- Seeking an experienced Warehouse Manager
- Exciting opportunity with a growing company
About Our Client
A family owned retail distribution company based in Birmingham.
Warehouse organisation, layout and capacity management - Supervise and review the daily organisation and operation of the warehouse, ensuring that the warehouse is fully capable and functional in its layout and capacity to adequately support the production operations.
Receipt of incoming materials - Supervise the receipt of incoming materials, verifying the appropriate quantity and quality control inspections are completed in a timely manner and appropriate computerised records are completed.
Storage of materials - Ensure that materials in the warehouse are stored properly, inspected and cared for through general material handling and warehousing principles.
Despatch of materials - Supervise the loading of vehicles and the preparation of supporting despatch documentation.
Stock - Monitor stock levels and produce scheduled stock take reports. Supervise the preparation of items as required for return or disposal.
Personnel - Manage the warehouse team and allocate daily work requirements. Organise shift patterns and holiday / absences
Training - Organise the recruitment and training of staff, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress
Housekeeping - Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment.
The Successful Applicant
- Previous warehouse supervisory/management experience
- Ability to lead a team in a fast paced environment
- Appraisal and disiplinary experience
- KPI setting and monitoring experience
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Numerical skills
- IT skills
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Nav (WMS system)
What's on Offer
Salary on offer is £25,000 + Bonus and overtime