You are here
Transport Shift Supervisor
- Growing 3PL Business
- North-Nottingham location, excellent opportunities for progression
About Our Client
My client is on the hunt for a Transport Shift Supervisor to join their growing 3PL business in the North Nottinghamshire area, and is currently undergoing an upscale of their current workforce. The business in question offers large scale opportunity for career enhancement/development and requires only the best candidates to join their operation.
As a Transport Shift Supervisor you will report directly into the site Transport Manager and have the following key areas of responsibility:
- Managing a team of 4 administrative clerks and a close-knit team of 50 drivers
- Responsible for a budget in excess of £5 million
- The ability to strike and build relationships with key skate holders: our customers, internal staff, sub-contracted drivers and health & safety representatives
- Ensure regulatory compliance is maintained with statutory obligations and also ensure this is enforced within the team.
- Ensure training plans are delivered and recorded correctly, overall ensuring continuous development of managed colleagues.
- Act as a point of contact on site for transport operations matters and assisting in building good relationships with key clients.
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators are first met and then advanced e.g. CTMS and Tacho compliance, budget responsibilities, customer satisfactions, along with health and safety.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Transport Shift Supervisor will have a strong background in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector and will ideally have the following skills:
- Ideally qualified with a Certificate of Professional Competence, however for the correct candidate this can be built into a diverse training package
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualified or willing to undertake training
- A degree level education is preferred as the progression opportunities for the successful candidate are vast towards more senior positions.
- Ability to work in a time-critical environment and under pressure.
- Ability to manage a strong, close-knit team of drivers and administrative clerks.
- Experience in a 3PL operation is desirable
- Willingness to work flexibly over a variety of shifts.
- Ability to commute to the North Nottinghamshire area.
What's on Offer