You are here
This position is now filled
Transport Shift Manager
- Transport Shift Manager - UK Retailer
- Excellent Opportunity with a Large UK Brand Name
About Our Client
My client is a UK wide Retail Operation. They have a number of distribution sites in the UK and have a strong presence on the high street.
Responsibilities of the Transport Shift Manager include:
- Responsible for ensuring that the ongoing operation consistently exceeds the client's expectations in terms of service to customers, financial goals, key performance indicators and contractual operational standards.
- Responsible for leadership, motivation, coaching, mentoring and career development of shift and team members.
- Adhering to operational and commercial excellence which is to be achieved on a day-to-day basis.
- To ensure all drivers are compliant / plan routes and ensure weekly targets are met
- To be responsible for any disciplinary action
The Successful Applicant
The Transport Shift Manager, skills and personal attributes that are required:
- Demonstrable transport management experience gained from within a similar, fast paced and highly pressurised retail logistics environment.
- Knowledge of transport operations, rules and regulations.
- Previous experience of the leadership and development of a transport team.
- An ambassador for best practice with experience of staff development and performance.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Have previous experience of grievance and disciplinary procedures.
- Demonstrate good commercial acumen with the ability to understand basic budgets and cost controls and how their departmental performance influences them.
- You will have experience of any of the following: Transport Management, Logistics, Shift Management experience.
What's on Offer
Hours: 8 hour shifts rotating on 6am - 2pm and 2pm - 10pm.
Any 5 from 7 days