You are here
This position is now filled
- Transport Planner
- Leading General Haulage Business - West Yorkshire
About Our Client
Leading General Haulage Business based in West Yorkshire requires a Transport Planner to join them during an exciting period of growth.
The Transport Planner will be required to be responsible for and undertake the following tasks.
- Ensuring that all elements of the job are effectively communicated to drivers and sub-contractors.
- To plan the effective utilisation of drivers, vehicles, sub-contractors and agencies ensuring that all Company sites are fully considered when doing so.
- Ensure that all drivers are working within a safe environment and follow driver hours regulations.
- Liaising with retail department teams to optimise fleet/driver utilisation, identifying and resolving problems affecting delivery on time.
- Close liaison with other operators and team leaders to discuss efficiencies and agreed operational practices.
- Effectively manage the balance between own fleet and sub contract requirements, identifying and suggesting any areas for improvement
- Conducting investigations into accidents or issues of driver performance and raising with Team Leaders and HR to ensure they are dealt with efficiently and consistently.
- Working alongside fleet to ensure timely return of vehicles
- Working with Compliance to ensure trucks are legal and information is downloaded in a timely manner
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate MUST have the following experiences and WILL be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain Background
- Have a minimum of 2+ years transport planning / supervisory experience
- Managed 20+ drivers in a high pressure environment
- Experienced in dealing with drivers on a daily basis
- Basic understanding of driver's hours regulations/Tachograph law
- Have a good geographical knowledge
- Be IT literate including good Excel skills
- Be able to commute to Downham Market and surrounding areas
- Be able to work the above shift pattern and hours
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered a salary of up to Â£28,000 dependent upon experience.